It is very important to take note that your choice will depend on where and how your machine is used.
A bag with wheels, for instance, is not necessary when you place our machine in the attic and work in the downstairs. However, this will be the perfect choice for you when you are to attend a sewing class at a walking distance. The same thing if you travel a lot with your sewing machine.
Aside from these things, there are other points that you need to look into. Check out the essential factors below which you need to consider when choosing a sewing machine bag.
1. SPACE- The very first feature that you need to look into is the right size of the bag. Simple yet most overlooked by many. If you are already have done your research online, you sure have noticed different sizes and shapes of the sewing machine bag. Yes, there are actually many choices available. You pick the bag that can be useful to you, one which your sewing machine can fit.
2. DURABILITY and PROTECTION- You are going to buy a bag because you wanted to protect your sewing machine from different elements. So, make sure that your bag can give the right protection to it. If your machine is heavy, get a bag that is sturdy. A good quality bag should provide better protection to your sewing machine. Then, the more durable it will be.
3. PORTABILITY- This factor will greatly depend on how heavy your machine is. You need to carefully pay attention to the bag strap, handle, and rolling wheels. Depending on the size and weight of your sewing machine, the bag should have a quality and comfortable handle and rolling wheels.
4. ACCOMMODATION- Another essential factor when buying a bag is the accommodation of sewing accessories. This should be identified as you find the right size of the bag. Determine if it has room for the accessories. While you can always choose to have another bag for them, it would be very convenient for you to have one storage for your sewing machine and all its accessories.
5. COMPARTMENTS- Aside from giving attention to the size, you must also consider the organization. This would simply mean that it is better to choose one with more compartments. You sure don’t want to open the bag and see the mess inside. You would want smaller sections where you can neatly and easily keep other accessories.
6. HANDLE- A lot of people may not realize the real importance of the handle. Your bag should have a strong handle in order to withstand the weight of the sewing machine. At the same time, it should be comfortable for you.
7. WHEELS- If you have decided to purchase a sewing machine bag with rolling wheels, then you must be very careful. There are some brands that are very attractive because of its low price. However, you are not sure when the wheels are destroyed. Take note, the bag will be useless to you once the wheels are gone. So, it is better to spend a little more when you know it’s of top notch quality. After all, you will always get what you pay for.